Protecting your personal and confidential account information is of utmost importance to all of us here at F&M Bank. After all, we're customers too. To that end, the Bank utilizes state of the art technology and our employees receive special training to safeguard your information and deposits.
Because they are unsuccessful at penetrating our security systems, criminals have resorted to stealing directly from you. You must be vigilant in protecting your identity, as those criminals will attempt to deceive you or catch you unaware.
For more information regarding identity theft and how to avoid being a victim, please visit the links provided below:
- Federal Trade Commission – identitytheft.gov.
- California Department of Justice Privacy Enforcement and Protection Unit – oag.ca.gov/privacy.
- We also strongly encourage you to periodically review and familiarize yourself with our recommended Tips & Tools below.
Tips & Tools
- Tax ID Theft Guide – Learn more about how to protect yourself and recover from Tax ID Theft.
- Identity Theft – FTC's consumer information guide on identity theft.
- How to Protect Your Cards & Account Information.
- 10 Ways to Avoid Fraud – Educate yourself; don't be a victim.
- Phishing – Learn how to spot it and what to do to protect yourself.
- How to Keep your Personal Information Secure – Online or offline - protect your personal information.
What To Do If You Fall Victim
If you believe you may be a victim of identity theft or wish to report fraudulent or suspicious activity on your F&M Bank account or debit card, we encourage you to Contact Us as soon as possible for assistance or call Toll Free: (800) 888-1498, M-F, 8am-6pm, PT.